COVID SAFETY POLICY
Based on the current reporting of COVID infections in Australia the organising committee would like to model best practice behaviour at the conference to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
The organising committee will continue to monitor risk and government advice in the lead up to the conference and may institute additional precautions if the risk changes.
Please make yourself familiar with our COVID Safety Policy and requirements.
COVID Safety Policy
Attendees are reminded not to attend if:
- they are feeling unwell and displaying COVID-19 symptoms (and of loss or change in sense of smell or taste, fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or runny nose),
- are a household contact with a person with COVID-19 (with a positive test) within the last 7 days
If a refund is required in the case that delegates are unable to attend due to COVID-19 infection or being a close contact, the organiser will assist them on presentation of evidence.
For those attending the 2024 Health in Difference Conference:
- Mask wearing is strongly recommended during the two-day conference, (preferably N95 masks). Please bring your own mask, however there will be masks available at the conference registration.
- A COVID rapid antigen test (RAT) should be undertaken before travelling to attend the conference (you should do a RAT prior to setting off to attend the conference – but there will be a limited number of free RAT tests available at the conference for people who cannot access a test).
Other measures that have been implemented to reduce the risk of COVID-19 include:
- Contactless check in / registration available (use your barcode)
- N95 masks available at registration
- COVID rapid antigen tests available
- Hand sanitisation places
- Reminders around social distancing and effective venue spacing
In addition, the Venue have implemented the following safety measures:
- COVID compliant venue
- Adherence to current government space restriction and capacity
All attendees at the Conference will be required to comply with the COVIDSafe guidelines and protocols in place at the conference venue, which will be aligned and compliant with all relevant Government health advice during this time.
At the Conference, participants will be reminded to social distance where possible and follow the instructions of ushers when entering the meeting rooms, or in public areas. Please also follow all hand hygiene requirements.
Being COVIDSafe is a shared responsibility, and we want you to enjoy and make the most of the 2024 Health in Difference Conference in a safe way.
If you are concerned about any COVID-19 related risks during the conference, please notify the conference secretariat on +61 458 291 166.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Conference Secretariat: email@example.com or on +61 458 291 166. Our operating hours are 9am - 5pm AET, Monday-Friday.